July 19, 2010

On my Soap Box...all week.

I'll be on my Soap Box all week...
I'll need more than a day
 to rant
and rave.

Here goes:

One simple purchase
from
my beloved Etsy,
opened up a whole can of worms...

I purchased 
handmade mineral makeup from a sweet Etsian...
which of course started the whole...
"Well, if she can do it so can I,"
thought process in my head...

Researching the ingredients led to
the discovery of this:

Please don't go there,
 unless you want to be crazy...

In a nutshell...
(because my husband doesn't want to hear read the whole thing again,)
mineral makeup isn't so nice on your lungs...
the lipstick I've been using since I was fifteen
contains an ingredient which causes cancer (BHA)
and may also contain lead...
and
fragrances... in anything....can be neurotoxins among other nasty things.

Now, I know... I know...
take it with a grain of sand...er...salt...whatever.
(Later, I did read that the lead amounts that were found in lipsticks were mostly tiny.  I think one doctor put it that you would need to eat 7 tubes of lipstick per day for 70 years for the amount of lead to add up, but still.) 

And WHY can't I find the dang ingredient listing for lipsticks?
I tried finding the Maybelline ingredient list but you actually have to call to get it.  
Loreal has it listed on their website.... hmmm, not much help while in the store...

I don't know.
It just made me mad.
Before all of the above happened, I had read
this article about Whales...
Oh it's just so sad. 

But come-to-find out... we humans aren't much better off.

Stay tuned..
You'll find out why I haven't
"washed" my hair
in three weeks.
Fun!

No comments: