July 20, 2010

On my Soap Box.... WEN.

So...

"You haven't washed your hair in three weeks?"
Well, not really.

Have you seen this stuff?

Wen Cleansing Conditioner
A96249 - WEN by Chaz Dean 16 oz. Cleansing Cond. w/Comb and DVD
It's not a shampoo....
it's a cleansing cream.
(Oh well, that clears that up.)


I've seen it many times on QVC, 
(Why does that have such negative connotations?)
but I thought. 
pfhffft...that'll never work on me.

While we were on vacation
and had T.V...
(oh lovely HGTV and FOOD Network.... I miss you!)
I saw the WEN infomertial...
(why does that have such negative connotations?)
and that must've had a subliminal effect on me.

I finally decided to try it after
freaking out about all the ingredients in cosmetics...

and it's so
DELICIOUS!

It's like a mini Spa treatment every morning! 
The Lavender is so yummy!
It takes longer.... it's a bit of a hassle...it's more expensive
but,
it feels ... so.... good! 

It smells so good!
I haven't used a straightening iron since I've been using it
because it makes my hair so smooth.
It's also supposedly better for the environment.
(i.e....less chemicals like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.)

And Sodium Lauryl Sulfate....
it's not the worst thing on the list at Skin Deep...
but as
another trusted Etsian, LongWinterFarm puts it...

"It’s already a known and accepted irritant, found to penetrate skin and organs, cause children’s eyes to develop improperly and cause adult eyes to develop cataracts, but the powers that be are still debating whether or not 1,4-dioxane, something contained in SLS, is carcinogenic. The American Cancer Society denies the danger, the EPA considers it to be a probable carcinogen, and the FDA wants it gone completely. I dunno about you, but the debate alone is enough for me to freak out!"

I purchased two bars of homemade soap from
a few weeks ago...

She's really neat.
She lives in a Yeti....

Um.

I mean a Yurt.

A yurt is a portable, felt-covered, wood lattice-framed dwelling structure traditionally used by nomads in the steppes of Central Asia.

Not a Yeti. 
The Yeti or Abominable Snowman is a mythological creature and an ape-like cryptid said to inhabit the Himalayan region of Nepal and Tibet.

Anyway,
so I bought
two simple
harmless
wonderful bars of soap...

which leads me to...
tomorrow's post.

Are you still following me?


1 comment:

Jessa said...

I have friends that live in a Yome - that's right - a Yert shaped like a dome.

Ahhhh Asheville.