August 18, 2009

Sleep therapy...

My parents bought THE best mattress about two years ago.  I've been coveting it since they bought it because it's so incredibly comfortable!  
FINALLY we (I) decided that enough is enough with our old mattress.  It was just too hard, and me being "like the princess and the pea" and all..... my husband's words not mine,  it was time to buy a new one. Just Like My Parent's.  

Well, we searched and shopped around.  We eventually made it to the place where my parent's purchased their mattress.  However, the salesman was ...... um.

Hmmm..

Stupid.  

Yea, stupid.  That's the correct term.  He was trying to sell us a "green" mattress made from bamboo products...... you know for those "tree hugger people" or for those who want to "save the planet."   I was so trying not to laugh when he said this.  I had to look away, but it was kind of like when you get the urge to laugh while you're in church.  

So then we moved to the mattress which my folks had bought.   We were mulling it over in our brains whether we wanted to spend SO much for a mattress when this salesman notified us that this mattress was made with "petroleum disallates."  (No, I know I left the "t" out of that word because he did too!) 

Really now.  This mattress is made from petroleum distillates?  Isn't that very flammable?  Then he proceeded to tell us that this mattress will "freeze up like a block of ice."    Alright dude, I've heard enough. 

Well, my husband and I searched, and we searched with no luck.  So reluctantly my dear husband went back to the scene of the terrible sales pitch.  Thankfully, the owner of the store was there, and he gave us an pretty okay deal.  Good enough.  SO yay for our new mattress!  I'm so excited to go to sleep tonight!  

I'm in love with it's cushy comfort!





3 comments:

Eric said...

Petroleum "disillates" = plastic, I'm pretty sure. No sweat.

Marc said...

I'm positive the term he was searching for was "distillates." He was working hard to make the sell but each time he spoke he moved further from his goal.

Jessa said...

I think it's nap time!