June 20, 2009

A living legend

Friday night, after a long, long, long, very long day at work, I reluctantly went to a bluegrass concert.

It's not that I didn't want to go; I was just super tired.
But it wasn't long after the music started, however, that my toes started tapping......
then my whole foot,
then both feet,
and then my head started nodding, too.
I just couldn't be still!

There's just something about live music that'll make you feel so good.

The first band to play was Darin and Brooke Aldridge. They were awesome!


I wasn't sure what to expect next.

But then, out came Earl. That's right. Earl Scruggs.


Now I'm not the biggest bluegrass fan on the planet, but doggone if Earl Scruggs is playing....... it's good.


I grew up watching the Beverly Hillbillies with my parents....


But to hear him play live was such a sight to see! Thanks, Earl!

No comments: