November 10, 2008

and try, try again.....

So. A recap of the past three weeks or so.


House failure.


Complete house failure.


Oh yes.... and nest failure.


That's ok..... an old trusty recipe to the rescue. Humidity proof.


A "branch" experiment. (Bad.... couldn't remove toothpicks!)


Branch success...sort of....


But this is just a few of the branches that I broke in the process before realizing...


I don't think this is the look I'm going for. Back to square one on the branches.


So this is my house...... minus a lot of detail still left to add on.


needing a red roof among other things... BUT


This is what is so scary to me...... the pedestal that the house is supposed to sit on.
This is what caused house failure last time. But I'm very optimistic. Hopefully.


Sweet birdies that need to be painted...


And a peek inside at the eggs that hopefully will not be crushed in anymore house failures.


Because you know....... I'm running out of time, and patience. It's coming together or bust. Think happy thoughts of strong, bust-proof gingerbread!!!! The competition is less than a week away. eEEeeyyy! :)

It'll be okay, won't it? But then, of course, there is the hour long drive up a winding mountain to get there. oy.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Beautiful gingerbread house! Too bad about the failures...

Kolby and Kalebs Mom said...

Thinking happy "strong" thoughts for you! Good luck! What you have so far is beautiful!!!! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Rebecca Lily said...

Wow. That is amazing!! We visited a gingerbread house competition in NC one year, it was incredible. I would imagine you need a LOT of patience to do what you're doing!