October 14, 2008

I smell..... Gingerbread!

Yeah! It's that time of year again. My favorite time of year.

LOVE love Love Fall.

Last weekend I started my gingerbread entry for this years National Grove Park Inn Gingerbread Competition. This will be my fifth year entering this competition. However......ah, I've never won.....or even come close for that matter. But who cares...Ha HAaH!

So in the spirit of this occasion I've decided to revisit my gingerbread creations of old (made completely of edible ingredients):

2004 - The Barn

This was my first ever gingerbread attempt.





2005 - The North Pole Conservatory (and my fav.)





2006 - The Nativity.






2007 - The Spirit of Christmas.... peace, love, & joy.






2008 - well...... I won't tell what it is, but I'll give a sneak peak....










Are you ready?





















Ta Daaaa!

I know it doesn't look like much.... but hopefully it will morph into the beautiful image that I have in my mind's eye.
(and yes, my gingerbread house pieces are in a bathroom, but...... I have to keep the cats from doing what they do so very well...... DESTRUCTION!)

2 comments:

Jessa said...

ooo ooo ooo! I can't wait to see 2008's masterpiece! I wish I would be there to see it in person. I saw the conservatory and the spirit of christmas up close, and they were magnificent!
LOVE YOU!

Heidi H said...

You are SOOOO incredibly talented!!! :-)