June 16, 2010

Did you hear?


June 7, 2010 
We received our Letter of Acceptance 
from China!

Since then, we've held it in our hands...
it's been signed...
it's been copied, 

it's been loved and celebrated...
Oh, I feel so fortunate!

June 16, 2010
Financial matters fell into place unexpectedly today...
Visa applications were lovingly completed for our new daughter....
and on the way home
from eating a celebratory dinner...
I realized what today was.
Four years ago today, we lost our baby Anna.
Oh, I just cried and cried the whole way home....

But in the end, 
I feel so blessed.  
I feel I've been given a huge gift.
A gift of a little girl who needs a mommy and a daddy...


and a mommy and a daddy 
who need this little girl. ~





2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Congrats on receiving your LOA. I'm sorry it coincided with such an awful day.

Jessa said...

And I cry.

The beauty of all of this is so bright it hurts my eyes. In a good way.